POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Camera lens aperture test (76k) : Re: Camera lens aperture test (76k) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera lens aperture test (76k)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 17 Jul 2000 12:01:32
Message: <39732ddc@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure I follow all that. You describe the blades as "semicircle,"
while the ones in my wife's camera (which I'm trying to duplicate) are more
like shark fin shapes (I think, anyway, I can only see part of them). I also
tried twisting the blades a little to get the overlap, but that just caused
other problems. I was starting to think that there needed to be some
sliding, you're certainly correct that it's more complicated than it first
appears!

May I see your code? I'm amazed that you were able to succeed so quickly...

Thanks for taking the time (again!) to take a look at this.

Regards,
Dave